I hope you are still going strong with your New Year’s resolutions as we approach the end of January. I hesitate to call mine “New Year’s” resolutions per se since they mostly just happened to coincide with the beginning of the year, but there are just so many things I want to accomplish in the coming months! New DiY projects, a lengthy reading list, personal wellness goals, and – as always – a never-ending “life” to-do list. On to the fun parts though!
I bought this retro sewing table last year that I intend to paint and use as a corner table. I have also gathered several things to place in the same corner and have a really cute theme in mind. I plan to give new life to at least one kitschy secondhand figurine by painting it to match. Right now though it’s all just a pile of miscellany glaring at me from the corner.
I’ve also been itching to try my hand at hoop art. Have you heard of it? You take one of those quilter’s/embroidery hoops, fill it with a fabric you love, and treat it as a blank canvas. There are endless options but I have decided to re-purpose one of my favorite old t-shirts for this project. It is too threadbare to wear anymore and I want to give it new life.
Lastly, I saw this gorgeous pillow in Anthropologie (aka my favorite store) last year when I went, but of course it cost like $80! They had a napkin in the same pattern, so I decided to buy it instead and make my own pillow. However, I do not sew, so that will be interesting. . . .
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, which I received as a Christmas gift and am currently reading. I am on book four of the chronological storyline, Prince Caspian.
- A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin, though I will probably read one here and there. I devoured book one, A Game of Thrones, over the holidays and I am eager to continue the series.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is one that I did not enjoy in school, but cannot remember exactly why! I would like to give this classic a second chance.
- H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald appeals to me both as a break from my standard choices (being nonfiction) and I do so enjoy nature reading.
- The Gunslinger (Dark Tower #1) by Stephen King is one that I have heard praised for a long time and I want to read it before the movie debuts later this year.
FOOD – I am embarking on a health and weight-loss journey and as a result I may not share as many recipes. In general, I have tried to take a “whole foods” approach to life for a while now by eating and preparing as many things from scratch and from their raw, whole states as possible. I have taken that to the next level and with that and other changes, I am feeling great!
GAMING – I am currently catching up in WoW. I received the Legion expansion for Christmas and am finally where I have the time to play it. However, I am really, really enjoying Overwatch at the moment, so I am not making much progress in it. I have been experimenting with characters that I have not played much in the past and am having a blast.
ADVENTURES – I hope to have a few adventures this year as well as do a lot more secondhand shopping. The thrifting itself always seems to spawn fun DiY projects.
WRITING – The biggest thing of all though is that I have begun to write my book. There are actual, written passages. Unbelievable! It is just a wisp of a thing at the moment, but I am so thrilled to be making some progress.
We will see what the year holds. I feel like it will be a good one for me and I hope it is for you and yours as well.
Cheers! <3 Luci